Thursday, May 3, 2012

Calligraphy Katrina Pioneers of Writing on Fruit

A couple years ago, I was asked to partake in a gorgeous photo shoot with a theme that revolved around the pop culture sensation Twilight. When they told me about the theme, I was inspired by the original cover of Stephenie Meyer's first book in her series. Her simple cover inspired me to start writing on fruit. I thought this would be a great idea to pioneer on seeing as how no one else has done it before, at least not as a professionally offered service.

Photo Credit: Meg Perotti

Photo Credit: Meg Perotti

Photo Credit: Meg Perotti

Photo Credit: Meg Perotti


Ever since this unique photo shoot, I've gotten a few requests by clients to do this for their wedding/event as well. However, I don't really think that many people even realize that I offer this service since I don't have too many pictures up showcasing this one-of-a-kind "stationery". Recently, I collaborated on a shoot for the online magazine Wedding Nouveau which was featured in the blog Style Me Pretty. For the "Parisian Souk" inspired shoot, I thought that the warm color of peaches would tie nicely with the red brick walls and brown rustic wood floors of the Carondelet House where the shoot took place.

Photo Credit: Picotte Weddings

Photo Credit: Picotte Weddings


So for those of you just finding out about this innovative service we offer, know that this creative idea is just one of several that Calligraphy Katrina and Maison du Papier is pioneering on. We truly love taking our inspiration to the next level by creating unique and experimental designs that put us ahead of the rest.

No comments: