Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holilday Merriment with CKMDP with Desiree Patterson

Desiree Patterson, GBS Linens
Name/Nickname:  Desiree Patterson    
Nicknames:  Dez               
Company and established date:  GBS Linens, 1984
Hometown (where are you from and where are you now)?  Orange, CA / same
Position and job title:  Account Executive
Credentials/Mini Bio about yourself:  A degree in graphic design from the Fashion Institute of Design & ; Merchandising helps Desiree understand, envision and complete a bride’s unique vision. She has worked with the industry’s top wedding vendors to design trend-setting tabletops and wedding looks that have appeared in wedding and design publications. Her attention to detail and sense of style have helped many industry professionals and couples create beautiful and unique environments.
Fam Bam:  Love my little family!  They are all crazy and that is why we get along so well.  I have an amazing mother that is my biggest cheerleader and greatest friend.  I absolutely love the babies in my life – my nephew, my niece, and of course my daughter, who’s my little miracle.  And the cherry on top of it all…Husband (my love of my life). 

1.       Tell us 7 Random Things about yourself (hidden talents and really RANDOM jazz about yourself)? 
a.       I LOVE food and trying new cuisines.
b.      I have an obsession for fonts.  I cannot stop downloading free fonts that I like.
c.       I totally have OCD. 
d.      I have a random inspiration book that is a collection of various images, fonts, designs that I like and hate.
e.      I almost got my massage license, was only 500 hours away.
f.        I play with tabletop items (china, glassware, flatware, etc) in stores and take photos of different setups, just because.
g.       I started my first business when I was 9 years old.
2.       Favorite Holiday Scent:  Gingerbread
3.       Favorite Holiday Activity: watching holiday movies and going to Disneyland
4.       Favorite Holiday Tradition: Going to our church’s Christmas performance service
5.       Favorite Holiday Food:  peppermint bark and hot chocolate
6.       Favorite Holiday Memory:  Husband and I sponsoring a family for the holidays and delivering the gifts on Christmas morning,
7.       Favorite Holiday Present ever received and given:  Received – my cat, Prince.  I got him as a newborn and he is 11 years old now.  Given – toys to a boy that didn’t have any.
8.       Gift you wish you receive this year?  New MAC laptop.
9.       Favorite Perfume:  Chloe Eau de Parfum
10.   What are the flowers, herbs and trees that you can’t live without (Because  we need plants to breath)? 
a.       Flowers: Dahlias, Peonies, Spider Mums
b.      Herbs: Rosemary
c.       Trees: Oak
11.   What is your secret beauty regiment??  Please do share!  LOL, if I shared it wouldn’t be secret.  Let’s just say I am in the bathroom for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.
12.   CLOSET RAID!  What types and brands of clothing do you own? Aka, we want to know your fashionista style:
a.       Types: random
b.      Brands: alittle bit of everything
13.   How do you keep them organized?: I refer back to the fact that I am OCD.  By style/type.
14.   Tell us your favorite clothing item (keep it PG please)? Shoes!!!
15.   Home and Kitchen Furnishing: traditional American with a modern country twist, with a splash of vintage amber pieces.
16.   Publications in your rack other than the wedding kinds:  Bon Appetite, Food & Wine, Inc Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens.
17.   Book Collections in your library:  Oodles of cookbooks & design books, Edgar Allen Poe, Children’s books
18.   What would you do with $100 million dollars? (No Judgment here!) 
a.       What your conscience would do?:  Take care of my mother 
b.      What you’d probably do?: Give it my financial advisor to invest.  I’m such a nerd.
19.   Vacay Spot, hit us with good travel ideas, or maybe your tranquil retreat center?  (It’s a stressful working world yah’ know!)  New York with a walk in Central Park in the fall. 
20.   How do you relax? Spending time with Husband and my daughter.
21.   Your SPOT ! What is your favorite spot? Any coffee shop? Restaurants? Places of Interest? Old Orange Circle.  Charlie Palmers, TART, Pizzeria Mozza, Rutabeorgz.  
22.   Fill in the blank with a technology item:   I feel naked without my ­________?  My phones, yes I have two.
23.   What is your rendezvous food and drink?  And what must your pantry/fridge have, can’t live without food/drink item?   Cheese (Havarti, Brie, Guoda, Manchego) with crackers and apples.  Arnold Palmer.
24.   Music playlist essentials :  Country, Jazz, Hip Hop
25.   What songs stuck in your head from this season? All I want for Christmas, Come All Ye Faithful
26.   What’s in your Fave Channel list, DVR or movie collection?  Chopped, Once Upon A Time, Cooking Channel, Food Network, tons of movies
27.   Favorite people and public figure:  My daughter
28.   Any regrets in life? There will always be regrets, but I wouldn’t be me without them.
29.   What would you change or try to regain about yourself? Change – the ability to relax, sometimes I wish the wheels would slow down for a break.

No comments: