|Ryan Luevano, Trumpet Player of Crown City Combo|
Name/Nickname: Ryan Luevano
Nicknames: RyRy (not a name I prefer to be called)
Company and established date: Crown City Combo est. 2009
Hometown (where are you from and where are you now)? Pasadena, California
Position and job title: Owner and Performer
Credentials/Mini Bio about yourself
I am a local composer, trumpet player, lyricist, and conductor. I have a Bachelors of Music degree in Musicology from California State University, Long Beach Cole Conservatory of Music and I am currently pursuing a Masters degree in Musicology from the same institution. I am also a musical theater composer and have written two musicals that have been produced in LA. I am currently writing a book on the use/integration of music in the magical arts
Fam Bam: I owe everything I am to my family. They have supported me in everything I do. And it is because of their support that I am the successful person I am today. If there is one thing I can be thankful for aside from my health is that I am blessed with the family I have.
|Crown City Combo|
1. Tell us 7 Random Things about yourself (hidden talents and really RANDOM jazz about yourself)?
a. I love line-dancing, and you can find me at Montan’s on most Saturday nights
b. I am a hyper organized person in all the business/school aspects of my life
c. I have been practicing yoga and meditation for over 7 years
d. I love swing dancing
e. I can speak Spanish, French and a little German
f. I am a licensed bartender
g. I am a magician and mentalist, and I know what you’re thinking right now!
2. Favorite Holiday Scent: Peppermint.
3. Favorite Holiday Activity: Eating and making holiday cocktails
4. Favorite Holiday Tradition: Having family over on Christmas
5. Favorite Holiday Food: Turkey and tamales
6. Favorite Holiday Memory: Decorating an 12-foot Christmas tree with my parents
7. Favorite Holiday Present ever received and given: Received: new trumpet Given: Watch for my momma
8. Gift you wish you receive this year? Another year of health and happiness
9. Favorite Perfume: Dolce and Gabanna: Light Blue
10. CLOSET RAID! What types and brands of clothing do you own? Aka, we want to know your fashionista style:
a. Types: I love suits, sport coats, vests and ties
b. Brands: Calvin Klein, Steve Madden, Howie, Forever 21, H &M
c. How do you keep them organized :Per type
11. Tell us your favorite clothing item (keep it PG please)? I love my new velvet sport coat.
12. Book Collections in your library: Anything by Michael Connelly, classics, musical theater history, and music history text books all of which I read for fun
13. What would you do with $100 million dollars? (No Judgment here!)
a. What your conscience would do?: Invest in all the stocks I want to own
b. What you’d probably do?: Travel the world, finance all the businesses endeavors I wish I could
14. Vacay Spot, hit us with good travel ideas, or maybe your tranquil retreat center? (It’s a stressful working world yah’ know!) Paris, New York, Venice, Louisiana, Miami
15. How do you relax? Yoga. A glass of wine. Or a good book under the sun.
16. Your SPOT ! What is your favorite spot? Any coffee shop? Restaurants? Places of Interest? The beach. Any theater.
17. Fill in the blank with a technology item: I feel naked without my ________? iPhone
18. What is your rendezvous food and drink? And what must your pantry/fridge have, can’t live without food/drink item? Wine, depending on the season. And dry roasted nuts. French bread and Brie.
19. Music playlist essentials : Jazz: Sinatra, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, American song book etc. Classical: Mozart, and Beethoven are my favorite, but anything will do, very light on Baroque music though. Musical theater: Sondheim, Bernstein, Rodgers, Porter, Gershwin etc
20. What’s in your Fave Channel list, DVR or movie collection? Dexter, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, How I met Your Mother, the History Channel
21. Favorite people and public figure: Musicians/theater people
22. Any regrets in life? Nothing yet!