Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Merriment with CKMDP and Janice Chau

Janice Chau of jayemmsee studios

Name/Nickname:  Janice Chau
Nicknames:  Jan, “J’, JM, JC, J Chau 
Company and established date:  jayemmsee studios, 2011
Job Title and Position: assistant and in-house marketing for Calligraphy Katrina and Maison du Papier, Owner and Creative Director of jayemmsee studios. 
Hometown (where are you from and where are you now)?  Pasadena, CA  born and raised LA.
Credentials/Mini Bio about yourself:  For the last 2 ½ years, I have worked as a freelance illustrator, muralist, and designer. (aka.  Janice M. Chau Illustrations)   Today, my studio is transitioning into a new brand of all around fine art meets graphic design with small intimate editorial pieces.   I like to describe my work as intimate, intricate, whimsical, detail, vibrant, and delicate.  With the opportunities I have been given in the last 3 years, my work and passion has taken me all over the world.  I am in awe of how my gift as an artist has been a tool to bless and inspire others.  I have no other than The One Great God to give praise to for that. 
Fam Bam:  My family is so crazy, can you say crazy animated Asian American family.  Can’t live with them, Can’t live without them.  It’s never too boring of a holiday with the family.  There will always be stories and memories to pass around the table as well as amazing food, and loud loud laughter. 

1.       Tell us 7 Random Things about yourself (hidden talents and really RANDOM jazz about yourself)? 
a.       I am considered legally blind, I have ocular albinism. 
b.       I have a worn to the nubbin’ pencil collection, I don’t throw away the pencils I use to draw with.
c.        I have a craze for earrings.  I have an extensively unique earring collection. 
d.       I love to cook, when I am stressed from work, I cook. 
e.       I collect scarves from all the countries that I travel to.
f.         I have a heart for social justice:  human trafficking, orphans, and the broken in spirit.
g.       I love love love to crochet,   I also crochet to pull away from work. 
2.       Favorite Holiday Scent:  Sugar cookies in the oven, and Pine from fresh Christmas trees. 
3.       Favorite Holiday Activity: Going to see Christmas lights all around town, cooking, quality time.
4.       Favorite Holiday Tradition: Christmas tree decorating at the house, and Christmas Day with the Family
5.       Favorite Holiday Food:  Prime Rib! 
6.       Favorite Holiday Memory:  I remember when I was in elementary school the entire school went to make food boxes filled with vegetables and goods for low income families, so that they would have Christmas dinner.  It was assembly line style, making boxes, filling them, and taping them closed.  I believe to this day that has made me love serving the community in simple ways as well as with my gifts and talents.  It’s taken me around the world. 
7.       Favorite Holiday Present ever received and given:  I will never forget the day I received a LAKERS #2 Derek Fisher Jersey in my size!!! (S). I was so surprised I screamed and cried all at the same time for the first time in my entire life.  (from my accountability Livia)  This year I was able to give her back the favor and made her something she couldn't find alongside her now fiance,.  Over this past weekend we planned out a proposal with hand painted couples tee shirts of Daisy and Donald Duck.  SHE SAID YES!!!!!  My childhood favorite was blue rope lights to decorate my room (from my sister Donna).  I gave my ex-boyfriend a LEGO Batmobile Set, He went home after Christmas Day and finished it immediately. 
8.       Gift you wish you receive this year?  Traditional hardcover Children Picture books to add to my collection,  any cool small kitchen gadget:  I wish a dutch oven, dessert display pedestals,   a 27’ iMac
9.       Favorite Perfume: Miss Cherie Dior Eau' de Toilette
10.   What are the flowers, herbs and trees that you can’t live without (Because  we need plants to breath)? 
a.       Flowers: Plumeria, Zahara Roses, Double Delight Roses, and  yellow, orange Tulips
b.       Herbs: Basil, Rosemary, and Thai Basil, Lemongrass
c.        Trees: Maple, Magnolia, Jacaranda, and Weeping Willows
11.   What is your secret beauty regiment??  Please do share!  Once a week or two I’ll take the avocado seed from my avocado and use it to massage an organic mixture made of sugar, a dash of lemon, avocado to make a massage mask while I wash my face.  Sometimes I use a grape or strawberry with sugar/salt to do a facial scrub.  Keeps that glow on you face. 
12.   CLOSET RAID!  What types and brands of clothing do you own? Aka, we want to know your fashionista style:
a.       Types: Mostly I’m a basics and accessorize gal.  SHOES!!! SCARVES!!! EARRINGS!!!

b.       Brands: Forever 21, Urban Outfitters. 
c.        How do you keep them organized?: color coordinated and by style. 
13.   Tell us your favorite clothing item (keep it PG please)? Bikinis, heels, scarves, and earrings.
14.   Home and Kitchen Furnishing:  Crate and Barrel,
15.   Publications in your rack other than the wedding kinds: None
16.   Book Collections in your library:  Children picture books, coffee table books, The Bible, and other spiritual growth books:  Redeeming Love, The Shack, I Give You Authority, coffee table books.
17.   What would you do with $100 million dollars? (No Judgment here!) 
a.       What your conscience would do?:  Buy a house by the beach, travel the world. 
b.       What you’d probably do?: Use it towards my passion for social justice, go on missions long term. 
18.   Vacay Spot, hit us with good travel ideas, or maybe your tranquil retreat center?  (It’s a stressful working world yah’ know!)  San Francisco, CA,  San Clemente, CA, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Phuket, Thailand. 
19.   How do you relax?  TV, Crochet, Cook, make things with my hands, go out window shopping, walking in downtown LA, go to the park, any museum gallery, EAT, READ, go for drives with one of my good friends down by the beach, bike along the beach. 
20.   Your SPOT ! What is your favorite spot? Any coffee shop? Restaurants? Places of Interest? San Clemente State Beach,  Intelligencia, Angels Knoll,  The Pike lighthouse in Long Beach, most of downtown Long Beach.  Il Finaio, Bottega Louie, and lastly the dollar theater.
21.   Fill in the blank with a technology item:   I feel naked without my ­________?  My Phone. 
22.   What is your rendezvous food and drink?  And what must your pantry/fridge have, can’t live without food/drink item?   POTATOES!!!!! CHIPS!!! My wind down drinks: Cucumber Collins, Sailor Jerry’s Spiced Rum and Coke, and Blue Moon, and more than often a warm cup of tea.
23.   Music playlist essentials :  Jazz, R&B, piano instrumentals, Sigor Ros, Hilsong
24.   What songs stuck in your head from this season? Begin Again, Taylor Swift and 1000 Years, Christina Perri, I See the Lights, Tangled.
25.   What’s in your Fave Channel list, DVR or movie collection?  Friends, The Voice, The X-Factor, YouTube: WongFu Productions, Micheal Alvarado Music, Kinna Grannis, JaySLee
26.   Favorite people and public figure:  Ellen Degeneres…she makes me laugh and she’s got a huge heart.
27.   Any regrets in life? No regrets. 
28.   What would you change or try to regain about yourself?  If  I drove I wonder how I would be today???

No comments: